PervasID, a Cambridge based company, aims to provide unique long range accurate passive radio frequency identification (RFID) tag reading for retail, banking, logistics and security applications. The Company is rapidly growing and has secured several customers including major UK retailers who are undertaking beta trials of the product.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer. As part of a small, but growing technical team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company to become the software team lead overseeing a number of developers. Work will be both interesting and challenging supporting an existing codebase as well as architecting and developing the next generation.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Electronics or Computer Science with 1st class or 2.1
- Strong understanding of cross-platform development, including protocol design.
- Flexibility to work across all levels of the software stack from firmware to API development (proven direct experience of firmware, software, database and API development)
- Experience developing on embedded platforms (C)
- A good understanding of real-time programming in C++ and/or Java Experience in MySQL database applications
- Experience in WinCE on embedded platforms
- Working knowledge of Linux would be advantageous
- Hardware development and debugging skills for embedded devices. Methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communications
- Willingness to work in other areas of business including customer facing roles should need arise.
- Excellent inter personal skills, ability to understand needs and pressures on a number of stakeholders.
Excellent Salary Bonus Scheme Share Options (after qualifying period)
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com