Working within our multidisciplinary teams on major development projects within the medical and consumer sector, you will be responsible for developing a range of products using a variety of materials and model making methods.
Your challenge is to create prototypes to prove and develop new concepts and design solutions, using traditional workshop tools in conjunction with rapid prototyping technologies. You will also be carrying out lab experimental and mechanical testing work, and assembling test rigs and prototypes. This is a challenging and exciting role and as model maker, you will be pivotal in solving some of the most intractable of our clients’ problems.
You will have:
- Qualified in product model making to HND level and/or BTEC, OND or similar in an engineering, technical or science discipline
- Experience of operation and maintenance of high-end 3D printers is desirable (similar to SLA).
- Able to machine highly accurate parts from a variety of materials
- Experience of operating manual mills and lathes (CNC programming would be advantageous)
- Ability to manufacture and build fully working prototype products for the medical and consumer industries
- Experienced in injection moulding; vacuum forming tools; vacuum casting & prototyping/tool making
- Able to work to close tolerances with tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of output
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where every day is different
- Take pride in their work both in terms of accuracy and quality
- Creative, innovative, flexible and passionate approach to work
- Positive attitude to working in teams and ability to work on own initiative
- Bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
We are an expanding, relaxed and highly professional technical consultancy developing state of the art new products for our commercial clients. An exciting period of growth, it’s your opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-paced team; no two days are the same; variety is certainly the spice of life here!
We look after you:
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Performance-related bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday l Flexi-time With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!