Would you like to work on cutting edge Bluetooth audio technologies? Qualcomm are recruiting for bright and enthusiastic Test Development Engineers who are passionate about developing test frameworks. Your ability to develop test frameworks (in Python ideally) will be crucial to this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Test Development Engineer to join our Audio DSP SW Architecture team. As a Test Development Engineer working in an Agile/scrum environment the successful applicant will take part in all aspects of firmware testing, including Audio and wireless technologies. This will involve test infrastructure development, test planning, scripting, automation, running tests and test results analysis. Mentoring and training will be provided from the more experienced engineers within the group. Tasks will be well-defined and the engineer is expected to work with moderate supervision.
- Testing of embedded firmware as part of the development team
- Analysis of test failures and raising of defects
- Writing of software test scripts
- Development and maintenance of test infrastructure
- Maintenance of test scripts and documentation
- Creation of test reports in line with departmental processes
- Task breakdown and estimation as part of an Agile team
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
- Proven experience of at least one scripting/programming language. E.g. Tcl/Expect/Python
- Attention to detail.
- Meticulous and thorough
- Understanding of software test debug techniques
- Some experience in test automation
- Programming knowledge Knowledge of bug-tracking tool(s)
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Good understanding of software test methodologies
- Experience of software project lifecycle
- Knowledge of audio signal processing or quality assessment
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Competent with using laboratory equipment such as scopes, digital multimeters, etc
*We might also consider exceptional graduate candidates for this position* Education Requirements Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
Please visit: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1946634