Are you interested in working with world leading audio, voice and music companies? Helping them deliver cutting edge products to the consumer electronics market? Qualcomm are recruiting talented and enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineers who have excellent C programming skills along with strong communication skills.
Join a team of Agile embedded C practitioners crafting embedded applications for leading edge Voice and Music chipsets. A Senior Developer will use Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration to develop embedded C applications for our current and future range of Bluetooth and Wifi technologies. These will run on our leading edge audio platforms sold to the best known audio and HiFi companies across the globe.
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to define user stories
- Demonstrate a passion for good software design and clean code
- Develop re-usable platform software.
- Apply TTD to develop working code with automated unit tests
- Play a significant role in continuous development of the departments processes to shorten cycle time.
- Create relevant documentation following the department processes Assist/Lead external inter-operability and compliance test events
- Provide mentoring and guidance to engineers on technical issues and software engineering principles
- Degree or equivalent qualification and experience
- Advanced understanding of embedded software design techniques
- Familiarity with automated C/ C++ unit test harnesses e.g. Unity, CUnit, CPPUnit
- Good understanding of debug techniques
- Advanced understanding of software architecture Good understanding of configuration management
- Familiarity dealing with hardware designs, schematics and signalling
- Excellent communication skills both within an engineering team and to customers and marketing
- Extensive commercial embedded software development experience using C and be familiar and comfortable with hardware interfaces
- A passion for developing quality wireless audio products for consumers
- Proven success in taking ownership of embedded software engineering projects within tight technical constraints
- Good understanding of multi-processor architectures and peripherals
- Good experience of wireless communication protocols
- Good experience working directly with customers or marketing iOS, Android or Windows development experience
- Knowledge of DSP, audio and wireless technology is a benefit
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Experience of Continuous Integration tools e.g. Jenkins Experience with SCRUM development framework
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
Please visit: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1956124