Cosworth - A leader in the development of data acquisition and video recording systems are looking to recruit a first class System Engineer to work alongside our software development team to design and validate Cosworth’s next generation performance data and video recording systems.
Based in our Cambridge office, the role offers the successful candidate the chance to work on a wide variety of challenging projects in the automotive and motorsport sector and provides an excellent opportunity to work alongside and learn from highly skilled Engineers and Developers.
- Design and development of a comprehensive suite of test tools and processes to ensure all delivered software meets its functional and non-functional acceptance criteria & complies with strict automotive standards.
- Work with development team to define system requirements and problem solve technical issues.
- Perform in vehicle testing of hardware and software solutions.
- Design and commission test equipment to integrate existing vehicle equipment with Cosworth products.
- Automate software test processes where possible
- Conduct 'hands on' verification and validation programs as required.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Basic electronics experience
- Ability to easily recognize system deficiencies and advise on effective solutions
- Ability to look to prove what is actually happening rather than work off assumptions, and enjoy getting under the skin of something, and figuring out the ramifications of complex interactions
- Ability to see things from the perspective of our customers, and spot when new features will cause real problems for our customers
- Experience with automating tests, and are drawn to the challenge of automating testing where it makes sense to do so.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Desirable but not essential:
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of successful implementation of test automation and scripting
- Experience in CAN bus communications and script development using Vector tools.
- Agile Methodologies experience, SCRUM an advantage
- Familiar with build and release processes and techniques
- Familiar with source code control, CI, and deployment tools - ideally Git
- ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing
Interested in joining us? Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com