Location – Hackney, London with occasional travel to other Allia Future Business Centre’s in Cambridge and Peterborough
Hours – Full Time
Salary – £18,150.00 - £21,350.00 dependent on experience
- We are looking to find a Community Host to join our team to run reception, support marketing communications and deliver a five-star customer service to tenants and visitors. You will play an integral role in establishing the centre as one of London’s premier business centres. You will be able to bring great people skills, a positive attitude and the confidence to take on new tasks and projects with minimal supervision. This role will represent the face of the Future Business Centre and our friendly, supportive, professional and positive approach.
- Delivering reception services during our core hours of 8.30am-5.30pm, including receiving, directing and responding to all calls, messages, sorting incoming & outgoing mail, and assisting tenant.
- Greeting and directing visitors and dealing with queries from tenants, visitors, customers and the general public, ensuring a prompt response to all customer needs and providing all members, prospective members, and guests with excellent customer service.
- Supporting the Marketing Specialist and central marketing team with the creation, distribution and monitoring of social media for the centre.
- Assisting the Programme Support Lead and Centre & Programme Manager in the delivery of workshops and larger events for our tenants and visitors including ordering catering or materials required, supporting event administration, and carrying out events space set-up and clear down.
- Developing relationships with members to support future revenue generation.
- Managing multiple aspects of inventory control, including ordering any stationary supplies needed, receiving and storing correctly.
- Taking enquires, managing bookings and organising the delivery of conference and meeting room bookings to include setting up spaces for bookings with the movement of furniture to the desired layout, generating invoices and taking card payments.
- Managing tenant information through our management information system.
- Monitoring, and reporting on, maintenance issues in the building, including having responsibility for the reception area and the conference/ meeting rooms, with support of the Centre & Programme Co-ordinator.
- Ensuring the Centre’s appearance is maintained to a high standard, liaising with our cleaning and maintenance contractors, to ensure the safety, welfare and expectations of our tenants and visitors at all times with support of the Centre & Programme Manager.
- Providing general administrative support to the reception and operations team i.e. processing applications, filing, photo-copying, scanning.
- Assisting with tasks outside of core hours which may require early starts, late finishes and occasional weekend working.
- Promoting, encouraging and assisting in building a community spirit at the Centre.
- Any other task that is deemed as appropriate and within the competence of the individual.
- Experience of administration work using Microsoft Office/Office 365 (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role, and an understanding of the need for excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new computer programmes/systems
- Ability to or willingness to learn basic maintenance functions for equipment within the centre such as printing and heating services
- Possess a clear understanding of what makes a clean and welcoming environment
- An approachable, friendly and professional manner with a positive, can-do, attitude and a willingness to develop • Excellent communication skills, with a high standard of spoken and written English
- Flexibility to attend work outside of core hours from time to time
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills, with an ability to manage own workload
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines under pressure
- To be able to solve problems and work on their own initiative when required
- Candidates will also be self-motivated, organised, and reliable
- A motivation to do things, or identify new ways of working, that improve the service we offer at the Centre.
To apply please send a covering letter along with your CV including contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org