Location – Hackney, London with occasional travel to other Allia Future Business Centre’s in Cambridge and Peterborough
Hours – Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary – Circa £35,000.00 depending on experience
Allia is looking for an experienced Business Advisor with a track record of advising in all business sectors, but particularly of interest would be experience in supporting social, cleantech and environmental impact businesses in the UK.
You will be capable of helping to deliver a programme of outreach and ideation to find and support new and emerging impact entrepreneurs that will benefit from our new centre in Hackney, London. You will be part of a highly motivated, entrepreneurial team, reporting to the Director of Enterprise Support and will bring direct experience of delivering externally funded programmes. You also will play an integral role in establishing the centre as one of London’s premier business centres. You will have the chance to work at the cutting edge of social innovation and be involved in empowering and encouraging entrepreneurs and early stage ventures on the path to achieving significant social and environmental impact. This role brings with it a high level of direct client interaction, relationship building and account management.
You will assist in the development and direct delivery of Allia’s work in stimulating and supporting impact generating entrepreneurs. Responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the enterprise support team to assist in the development, preparation, planning and implementation of internally and externally funded outreach and engagement programmes
- Support marketing efforts and drive the demand and awareness of the programmes
- Coordinate and co-deliver aspirational and ideation programmes with an emphasis on female, migrant, and other under-represented groups of entrepreneurs
- Weekly advisory meetings with all of the participants within the Serious Impact Incubator in London
- Progress tracking and reporting on individuals and supported ventures, as well as the impact and success of the outreach and ideation programmes
- Develop relationships with key partners in the region
- Assisting the Programme Support Lead and Centre & Programme Manager in the delivery of workshops and larger events for our tenants and visitors
- Developing relationships with members to support future revenue generation
- Promoting, encouraging and assisting in building a community spirit at the Centre
- Any other task that is deemed as appropriate and within the competence of the individual.
The role would suit someone with an entrepreneurial mind set with significant experience in providing individuals as well as early stage ventures with business advice and mentoring. Knowledge of, and commitment to, social and more technical innovation such as in healthcare and cleantech is a must, as is experience in delivering funded programmes with reporting requirements.
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience in delivering business advice and mentoring with expertise in advising on one or more technical areas across social and/or environmental and/ or healthcare sectors
- Strong connections in the London (particularly East London) entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment to, social and impact driven innovation, ventures and investment entrepreneurs
- Experience in delivering activity to stimulate enterprise, ideation and early stage venture support
- Experience in planning and delivering externally-funded business support programmes and taking responsibility for tracking and reporting
- Established contacts with key entrepreneurial venture stakeholders (e.g. investors, supporters, mentors, academia and service providers)
- Demonstrable ability to work with, and connect, communities
- A motivation to do things, or identify new ways of working, that improve the service we offer at the Centre
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and fluency in English.
- 3 years+ experience providing business advice
- Experience of managing an accelerator programme using 3rd parties to deliver the curriculum
- Prior experience of delivering ERDF or EU funded programmes
To apply please send a covering letter along with your CV including contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org