Cloud - Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Cloud - Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building Cloud services as well as distributed systems and applications.
- Has in-depth expertise working with Cloud services, distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience doing hands-on software development
- Expertise in JAVA coding.
- Current experience in working with Cloud Services and/or Distributed systems
- In-depth experience in REST architecture for web services
- Demonstrate Data analysis and debugging skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ideally experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, Android, OpenGL, Eclipse)