Please see full job summary below.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer is responsible for performing the day-to-day QA activities required within the Agile development team. This includes writing test plans, creating, maintaining and executing automated test suites and performing manual and exploratory testing of new releases & bug fixes where required. You will work in close collaboration with the developers through the full development cycle to ensure that quality is instilled as early as possible and carried through to the final Live product ensuring that all Bango products meet customer’s functional requirements and perform to internal and external SLAs.
- You will create, maintain and execute automated tests to support agile software development and in line with the automation strategy.
- You will run exploratory and usability tests using various testing tools.
- Follow best practices of the QA team and drive the QA strategy.
- Good experience in building automated functional regression test suites.
- Some experience and knowledge of using programming languages.
- Experience in testing APIs, SOAP & REST Web services, Websites / Web applications.
- Working experience in Agile development and understanding of development processes and concepts.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Able to influence and manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer objectives are understood and met.
- Able to manage your own time and handle multi-task delivery to short timescales.
- Good analytical mind – problem solving skills; on your own or brainstorming with colleagues.
- Good investigatory skills – able to find, outline and fix issues that arise in system.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written to talk about your work with both technical and non-technical people.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing or Agile Testing.
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio development tool and .NET technologies including C#.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server development using Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views.
- Experience with the NUnit testing framework.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration.
- Experience in load and performance testing.