We are looking for a back-end developer who wants to help craft the direction of a promising FinTech start-up in an industry that saw global investments reach USD 6.8 billion in 2014.
You will work closely with our lead developer and focus on the back-end development and server-side logic of our web application, partner portal application, partner integrations and marketing website. You will be highly motivated, creative and passionate about using technology to improve the way people do things. You will be keen to make an impact quickly and will be pivotal in maintaining the class-leading position of our technology.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and is based in either our Cambridge, UK office or our Kingston, Ontario office.
What you will be doing
- Integration of front-end functionality with server side logic
- Optimizing the speed and scalability of applications
- Security and data protection implementation
- Collaborating with the team
What you have
- Brimming with energy, talent and creativity
- A passion for writing clean, well-structured code
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Flexibility in working hours
- Comfortable in a start-up environment: everyone is required to pitch in – no job is beneath the pay grade
- Confident and independent: someone who can take initiative and direction
- Can-do attitude towards problem solving
- Eligible to work in either the United Kingdom or Canada
Your technical proficiency
- Familiarity with Django
- HTML 5 / CSS 3
- Linux, Nginx, Python, PostgreSQL software stack
- Some experience consuming third party REST APIs and/or writing your own
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Git version control (we follow the "Git flow" methodology)
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of operations and technologies in a FinTech start-up.
We offer our team:
- Highly competitive package
- Fun, friendly working atmosphere
- Interesting, varied and challenging role
- Opportunity to develop your career and responsibilities rapidly in a fast-growing business
- Access to networking opportunities in an exciting tech community that is focused on nurturing and supporting high-growth tech start-ups
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply with a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job title in the subject and please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies