Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the Amazon Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. And this is just the beginning. We’re on to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
As a Research Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists in the invention, design, development, testing, and deployment of speech and language technology components, supporting a range of products. This involves:
- Conducting and coordinating research leading to improved naturalness of Text-to-Speech (TTS) system
- Owning the strategic planning and project management for technical initiatives.
- Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members.
- Conducting experiments and analyzing field data utilizing programming skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Supporting the career development of your team members.
- The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field.
8+ years of relevant work experience OR a PhD and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of a field of speech and language technology, such as speech recognition or natural language understanding.
Solid programming skills.
Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
Explicit industry experience with Text-to-Speech systems.
Solid research track record with peer-reviewed publications in related areas.
Project management experience.
Experience in professional software engineering best practices.