We are looking for a creative security engineer with experience across a wide variety of systems, platforms and technologies to work in a small, fast-moving project teams.
We are looking for a creative security engineer with experience across a wide variety of systems, platforms and technologies to work in a small, fast-moving project teams. We will often develop projects where there is high technical risk, using very new ideas, and so an experimental and proactive attitude is essential. Each of our projects is an intervention into a market. Sometimes these will take the form of open source components that can help many companies. Sometimes we will create new large-scale infrastructure, such as a low-power wide-area network for IoT services. Other times we will pilot new services, such as with smart contracts on blockchain, or new ways to work with personal data. The engineer will have both architectural and development responsibilities, working with product management, UX, devops, technologists and other teams from around the Digital Catapult, as well as collaborating with companies across Europe. As we will have a variety of projects, many collaborating with partners, there will be a variety of environments, languages and stacks involved. We therefore require someone who has a strong broad background, with specific expertise in modern web stacks running on Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hosts. A good collaborative attitude and sense of humour is essential.
- Hands-on architecture and development for a variety of Digital Catapult projects, ranging from collaborative applied research, rapid prototypes to production platforms
- End-to-end participation from initial design iterations, technical feasibility right through to testing frameworks, deployment and production
- Security assurance of production systems together with the devops team
Technical Capabilities and Experience
- Strong experience designing and implementing security architectures for Internet-facing services and products
- Experience in high-level and low-level security design, and secure development lifecycle
- Familiar with security standards for system integration and operation
- Direct commercial experience with using AWS and other IaaS services
- Experience of integrating OSS security components in distributed service architectures
- Hands-on experience of working in an agile environment, working with test-driven or behaviour-driven development and continuous deployment in distributed teams?
- Some awareness of devops automation and containerization, using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS
Not essential but any one or several of these technologies would be a bonus:
- Experience of applied research in collaborative multi-company projects, with distributed, multi-discipline teams
- Broad awareness of security products and markets
- Both technical and regulatory experience working with personal data; understanding of privacy, trust and identity space
- Experience of securing ‘big’ data processing that uses tools such as Hadoop, Spark in large scale production environments Behavioural Competencies
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective in widely multi-disciplinary teams, and comfortable with customer relationships
- Strong project and time management focus, able to handle multiple projects at different stages of development as well as operational issues
- Pro-active and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with ambiguity, changing and evolving priorities whilst being able to identify new opportunities.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude
- Very collaborative working style; desire and ability to share ideas
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS Travel: <10%
Please follow link to apply - https://digitalcatapult.secure.force.com/hr/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN416