Working as part of the Validation team, this role is responsible for defining and executing failure analysis for optoelectronic device by performing failure analysis activities to understand device failure mechanisms. It also involves improvement of optoelectronic device reliability through identification and elimination of device failure modes.
- Defining and executing failure analysis for optoelectronic device by performing failure analysis activities;
- Analysis of test data; Support to reliability team at reliability tests;
- Working with failure analysis teams to understand failure mechanisms;
- Working with project teams to support device fabrication process improvement activity;
- Manage assigned tasks and deliver them to agreed cost and time budgets;
- Liaise with failure analysis and reliability colleagues of other Huawei O-E departments;
- Maintain up to date knowledge in areas of expertise and use this knowledge to promote continuous improvement in failure analysis methods;
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the Validation Manager.
- BSc or higher in physics or a related physical science;
- Demonstrable experience in the testing, measurement and failure analysis of optoelectronic devices or similar;
- Demonstrable experience of analysis of data;
- Willingness to travel as required on occasion;
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- Industry experience in III-V optical device development and/or manufacture;
- PhD in a relevant semiconductor/material or device design topic;
- Experience and knowledge of III-V optoelectronic device reliability testing, e.g. industry test standard and data interpretation method;
- Project management skills;
- C++ programming capability.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently;
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues;
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business;
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested. In return, we offer an opportunity to be part of a great team defining future standards for the Industry along with attractive remuneration to right candidates. Interested parties please send CV in MS Word format to Jacqueline.email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.