The role of the Staff Engineer, Software Tools is to develop, test and maintain a suite of tools for configuring, developing, testing and debugging software for SCSC's range of wireless technologies.
The Tools include GUI applications and Command Line Utilities for Windows, Linux and Android and are used by SCSC customers as well as internal development and test teams. At SCSC, a Staff Engineer is expected to take ownership of a major component of a project and is responsible for delivering the software within agreed timescales with minimal supervision.
- Develop, test and deliver new software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales.
- Maintain and improve existing software.
- Investigate, debug and fix complex problems.
- Proactively help to identify, record, prioritise and track requirements.
- Design solutions to meet requirements.
- Estimate effort and resources required to complete tasks.
- Deliver high quality software. (Maintainable, in line with coding standards, cross platform where appropriate)
- Conduct peer reviews (Design, Code, Test, and Documentation) and provide guidance to more junior team members. Document solutions by creating user/developer guides, code comments and clear code.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in maths/science/software/electronics.
- Excellent C++ and python
- Linux and Android experience
- Experience developing cross-platform applications
- Appreciation of issues involved in debugging embedded real time systems
- Ability to create high quality software independently
- Knowledge of the complete software lifecycle.
- Effective team player (including ability to effectively use SCSC bug tracking systems)
- Ability to gather feature requests from a range of users in order to create a clear list of requirements
- Good understanding of:
- Software architecture and design.
- Configuration management.
- Windows application development
- Understanding of communication protocols, especially wireless protocols
- Knowledge of protocol test systems and techniques
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.