We are looking for an experienced embedded firmware engineer with core RF background to join our Radio Firmware group working on the SCSC’s range of connectivity chips.
We are looking for an experienced embedded firmware engineer with core RF background to join our Radio Firmware group working on the SCSC’s range of connectivity chips. The role is to act as a bridge between the Radio Firmware Team (embedded firmware) and the other hardware (analogue and digital) teams in SCSC worldwide locations, contributing in requirements capture, understanding the architecture and design, implementation and development of WLAN Radio firmware for the SCSC’s connectivity silicon chips.
The role may require viewing analogue/digital circuit designs, attempting to understand the components parts, being able to design and develop firmware to produce efficient, effective working of the radio when used in a real time environment. A keen interest in wireless technology and the operation of radio frequency hardware is essential.
- Active contribution in the architecture, design and development of Radio control firmware
- Ability to understand low level radio algorithms and transform into software implementation Writing scripts (MATLAB, PERL, Python etc) to control instrument and data acquisition
- Ensures quality of the solution; works with lead engineers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of designs.
- Contribute to the writing of Embedded code to exercise chip functionality
- Oversee junior engineers maintaining test scripts and developing for new features Keeps abreast of new developments and is technical expert in RF systems.
- Perform requirements capture, task definition and estimation
- Develop and test software to agreed timescales
- Maintain software including defect investigation
- Create relevant documentation following the department’s processes
- Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes and deliverables
- Conduct peer software reviews
- Investigate real time radio issues and suggest performance improvements
- Assist/Lead external inter-operability and compliance test events
- Develop tests to exercise solutions being implemented
- Fully competent in C Programming, particularly within a constrained embedded environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths / science / electronics.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of analogue and RF design
- Experience of digital design
- Experience and strong skills in understanding analogue and RF designs
- Fully competent in MATLAB and its use in a test environment
- Experience of coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers and providing appropriate guidance.
- Exposure to revision control systems (Git/Perforce) and Jenkins
- Awareness on wireless radio technologies and characterisation testing with radio test equipment.
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.