Responsible for the design of RF/mmW elements and systems, ensuring that electrical performance, quality, cost and manufacturability requirements are met.
A fantastic opportunity to join a boutique mmW centre of excellence, nestling in the traffic free, leafy lanes 'twixt the Tees and the Wear, with easy access to multiple AONB's, national parks and heritage coastline.
Filtronic Broadband is looking for an RF/mmW engineer to join our team to work on a range of exciting products from conception through to volume production. With a wide range of design tools, experienced engineers and in-house mmW manufacturing capabilities, you will be able to develop your own skills and experience designing new products as part of the Filtronic team.
- Our products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunications and defence equipment.
- Full responsibility for the design of RF/mmW sub-circuits, sub-modules and systems within telecommunications and defence products.
- Detailed RF/mmW specification, design, simulation and realisation, ideally including:
- Transmission lines
- Filters (range of topologies)
- Coupler design
- Component selection (ICs/MMICs)
- System line-up analysis
- Thermal, MTBF and component derating analysis and reporting in line with company/customer requirements.
- The compilation and checking of design documentation, example: design logbooks, data packs, peer review etc. in preparation for design release and production.
- To deliver fully verified and documented designs in line with project defined technical, schedule and cost constraints. Preparing and reviewing tollgate documentation, ensuring the standard according to the NPI procedure is achieved and that reports are progressed and updated throughout the project.
- To proactively participate in design reviews and to initiate design reviews in order to mitigate risk when appropriate.
- To undertake all aspects of design verification and validation including preparation of test specifications, test reports and reliability testing/evaluation.
- To maintain an up to date, comprehensive design compliance matrix, referencing robust evidence of compliance data for assigned designs.
- Problem-solving and fault diagnosis of manufactured products during product introduction – including definition and train-out of diagnostic procedures.
- To meet departmental objectives as allocated by the Team Leader.
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent) preferably RF/Communications Engineering
- Experience using RF design tools including Microwave Office, EMPro and ADS.
- Demonstrable experience of microwave circuit/system design including line-up analyses, tolerance/yield analysis and DFM.
- Experience in transceiver product design