Responsible for the design of PCBs, ensuring that electrical performance, quality, cost and manufacturability requirements are met.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full responsibility for specification and layout of mixed technology telecommunications product circuit board
- To deliver fully verified and documented designs in line with project defined technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Specific responsibility for design of power supply / biasing and control circuits for low noise RF / microwave transceiver modules
- To effectively and comprehensively document designs and design decisions in a format which stands up to scrutiny by internal peers, customers and external auditors alike.
- Ensuring that designs meet the system & volume manufacturability requirements - including de-rating & tolerance analysis in accordance with design handbook requirements and due consideration of design for manufacture principles.
- Preparing and reviewing tollgate documentation, ensuring the standard according to the NPI procedure is achieved and that reports are progressed and updated throughout the project.
- To pro-actively participate in design reviews and to initiate design reviews in order to mitigate risk when appropriate.
- To meet departmental objectives as allocated by Team Leader
- To regularly and clearly report status and progress against assigned workpackages – including due consideration of technical, cost and timescale requirements
- To pro-actively seek out and mitigate technical and project risk
- To effectively interface with operations, projects, quality and sales in order to meet project objectives
- Detailed electronic circuit specification and design including simulation, schematic capture, new part selection, creation and circuit board requirement / design rule definition
- Circuit board schematic generation and layout – including preparation and implementation of best practice design flow procedures, library management, BoM generation and control
- MTBF and component de-rating analysis & reporting in line with company / customer requirements
- The compilation and checking of design documentation, example: design logbooks, data packs, peer review etc. in preparation for design release and production
- Pro-actively supporting the New Product Introduction for assigned projects.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis of manufactured products during product introduction – including attendance and reporting at CEM SMT builds, definition and train-out of diagnostic procedures
- To pro-actively participate in design reviews and liaise regularly and effectively with other departments to communicate status / risks.
- To undertake all aspects of design verification and validation including preparation of test specifications, test reports and reliability testing / evaluation.
- To maintain an up to date, comprehensive design compliance matrix, referencing robust evidence of compliance data for assigned designs.
- To pro-actively maintain an awareness of the design activities being undertaken by peers on assigned projects, so that “design interface issues” are resolved real-time.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by line manager