Working within the Architecture and Technology group we are seeking someone able to model and analyse software behaviour and its hardware implications as part of architecture exploration, definition and refinement.
Among other things in this role you will be working on:
- Extending the instruction set specification and associated tools: writing instruction pseudocode, functional models and documentation
- Managing the architecture validation flow
- Updating the performance analysis framework
- Developing performance visualisation tools
- Analysing performance and optimising software to exploit new instruction sets
- Making recommendations for additional architectural features
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products. ARM's comprehensive processor product offering includes RISC CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and video processors (VPUs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. The ARM architecture is at the heart of the organisation, driving current and future developments across the company.
Based in Cambridge as part of the Architecture and Technology group, ARM is looking to grow a small group responsible for developing the ARM processor architecture.
Education & Qualifications
- You should have a good university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in at least one high-level language like C or C++
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, Unix shell
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Some understanding of processor architecture, instruction sets and assembly language programming
- Experience with source code control and the software development process
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the face of dynamic project requirements
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.