ARC is part of the Amazon Development Centre Cambridge. The Development Centre is the host to several technology teams: Evi, which develops Alexa's knowledge base; Lab126, which develops hardware devices for Amazon; Prime Air, which is developing Amazon's drone delivery system and Core Machine Learning (ML) which is working on breakthrough ML algorithms and driving the adoption of ML across Amazon.
We are seeking a Scientific Program Manager to
- Orchestrate internal scientific activities and develop the right environment for applied scientists to be effective in both their short-term goals and their longer-term innovation.
- Interface between ARC and our academic partners to develop our programs of strategic collaboration and provide a primary point of contact for interfacing with Amazon. The role will facilitate Amazon's active involvement in the scientific community including convening workshops, hosting internships, managing the Amazon Fellows program and providing exemplar challenges to stimulate research and discovery.
- Provide strategic input into our scientific recruitment strategy.
Through close collaboration with partner teams both within Amazon and from across the scientific community, ARC's Scientific Program Manager will ensure that Amazon is able to deliver the latest innovations as rapidly as possible to our customers.
- Experience of organizing workshops (up to 200 participants)
- Experience of interfacing between the academic and industrial sectors
- Strong writing skills
- A post-graduate degree (e.g. MSc) in either the life sciences, mathematical sciences or physical sciences
- PhD in either the life sciences, mathematical sciences or physical sciences
- Corporate community engagement experience.
- Scientific recruiting experience.
- Expert knowledge of project planning tools