Sepura PLC, a leading global supplier of critical communication radio systems, has a vacancy for a Software Development and Integration Tools Support Engineer. The successful candidate will work within a small, focussed, team developing a variety of internal and external facing Windows and Linux based development tools.
The successful candidate will be involved in creating and managing tools used across the full software development lifecycle for Sepura's Critical Comms Radio and Management Applications.
This opportunity is well suited to an enthusiastic engineer, with a couple of years of experience in software development and software tools administration.
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Experience of administering Software Version Control, Build and Continuous Integration tools (e.g Perforce, TeamCity, incredibuild, Klockwork etc) and Databases
- Experience of application/tools development on Windows, Linux, using a modern IDE (e.g Visual Studio)
- Familiarity with object oriented design and programming
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- A working knowledge of database design and SQL
- A working knowledge of MS Office applications
- A strong academic record including good A levels and a Batchelor's degree (or equivalent) in a scientific or engineering related subject
Personal Attributes (Essential)
- Enthusiastic, communicative and inquisitive individual
- Keen interest in technology and computer science
- Motivated by quality work within agreed timescales
- Creative problem solver
- Customer (internal and external) focused
- Strong incidence management experience
- Structured work practices and a practical understanding of quality software development processes
Personal Attributes (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a medium size ‘high tech’ company
- Commercially aware