Plextek is looking for an additional member of staff in the quality team. Plextek has developed a flexible Quality Management System in support of its business.
Plextek is a consultancy at the forefront of business and product innovation, developing and commercialising diverse technologies across a wide range of market sectors, from consumer, medical and wireless applications to security and defence. It is the development partner of choice for 300+ major global organisations, government bodies and ambitious start-up companies.
You will join a talented team based in our offices in the Cambridge area, working in a friendly but fast paced and responsive environment in an established company with a very strong track record of delivery.
The candidate needs to have hands-on experience in appropriate industries and must be practical and approachable, with an abundance of common sense.
The role is based in Great Chesterford, a few miles south of Cambridge, close to the M11/A11 junction.
TYPE OF WORK
As noted above, we anticipate that the role will develop over time, but initially your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Quality Manager, and designated staff, to update the quality processes for transition to ISO9001:2015 plus support a general improvement in the documented QMS.
- Working closely with the Quality Manager and the internal audit team, to progress though actions arising from the internal audit process
- Support the internal audit team (although this may require training if the candidate does not have the relevant experience)
- Support of supplier development including supplier visit and audits
For this role you will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C, including Maths & English at A or B. The right candidate will probably have an HNC in appropriate electrical/mechanical subjects, although a formal technical qualification is not essential.
You must have good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and spoken), with the ability to engage effectively with employees at all levels in the organisation. You need the ability to handle issues in a courteous, efficient and effective manner, maintaining a professional approach at all times.
The following are also essential:
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 and/or an ISO 13485 environment
- Quality engineering background; ideally in both electronics and mechanical sectors
- Familiarity with general engineering processes in electronics/RF development and assembly/test
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation e.g. procedures, audit reports, change control documents
- Organised, effective, helpful and the ability to complete the task on time
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
A background in defence, aerospace and/or medical product development
Previous experience with JIRA
Use of FMEA
- Experience of any/all of the following would be an advantage but not essential:
- Carry out internal quality audits and assist with external audits as required
- The ability to apply root cause and problem solving methodologies (5 why's, 8D) to identify quality related problems and implement actions
- The support of the improvement cycle in the quality management system
- Experience in supplier development
Training can be provided where appropriate.
Owing to the nature of some of our business activities, all our positions require candidates to be able to gain SC security clearance. See link for more details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Please send your CV to email@example.com