This vacancy is within the Automotive business unit, Automotive Microcontrollers & Processors, PL VDS (Vehicle Dynamics & Safety). Automotive is one of the core businesses of NXP. Our technologies for Automotive applications create new ways to make cars cleaner, safer & more secure while adding convenience and fun. NXP is the number 1 supplier of automotive semiconductors.
The VDS product line is traditionally braking, chassis control and electric motor control, all areas that will grow and develop as we move towards hybridisation, more electric propulsion and eventual self-driving cars. These functions need clever application specific microcontrollers and microprocessors. And that is where the systems engineering team comes in. The role of the systems engineering team is to define new microcontroller and microprocessor solutions for this market space, and then work with our customers to demonstrate the solution. The vacancy within the systems engineering team is for someone to work with customers (Tier1 and OEM), and our internal design teams to help define the next generation architectures.
The specific job role will include:
- Contributing to new product definition, from concept to full specification, to address a new emerging application in the VDS market space
- Working with other systems engineers and design groups to establish the correct features in each sub-system and overall SoC to achieve the overall product goal
- Requirements engineering to be fully process compliant, currently using the DOORs tool
- Understanding all aspects of the technology, the architecture and the function of the product
- Performing simulation and benchmarking of existing MCUs and virtual prototypes – to guide the specification of future products
- Developing pre-silicon platforms to allow customers to start developing their solutions from existing silicon and/or FPGA
- Building proof-of-concept demos to show off the features and benefits of our products
- Customer support, to help them use our products to achieve their system level goals
- To ensure your successful performance in this role, the following is desired:
- Understanding of microcontroller/microprocessor architecture, especially ARM
- Experience of automotive electronic systems, including software and hardware
- Software architecture understanding – including RTOS and Linux
- Simulation or benchmarking experience
- Working knowledge and practical experience of functional safety, including mitigation factors
- Working experience in a requirements driven process. Preferably experience of the DOORs tool.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (English language)
- Experience of working in a global team environment
- Experience of dealing directly with customers
- Naturally structured and diligent, self-motivated
Apply online at www.nxp.com search for careers job number R-10001184
Or link: Automotove-systems-engineer_R-10001184