PervasID, a Cambridge based company, aims to provide unique long range accurate passive radio frequency identification (RFID) tag reading for retail, banking, logistics and security applications. The Company is rapidly growing and has recently launched new products which are attracting strong interest from a range of major customers.
We are looking for an experienced VP engineering. As part of a small, but growing technical team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the technology direction of the company and lead the product development and technical team.
Work will be both interesting and challenging supporting an existing product as well as architecting and developing the next generation systems covering hardware, software (server and device), firmware and installation processes.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics with 1st class or 2.1
- 5 or more years management experience in a technical role
- Proven track record of complex RF product development from concept to volume production for cost sensitive applications involving a small team of engineers and software/hardware interaction to strict timescales and budgets. Experience in design for manufacturability, test and low-cost installation
- Demonstrable experience in product testing and standards compliance procedure
- Both hardware and software design skills advantageous.
- Early pilot installations will involve close interaction with clients so good communication and customer facing skills desirable.
- Excellent communications
- Hands on approach
- Willingness to work in other areas of business including customer facing roles should need arise.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com