Frontier Silicon requires a Senior Developer to join our Advanced Technology Group based in Cambridge. You will be part of a team defining and developing new and innovative web services, APIs, back-end databases and analytics. You must have experience of developing with Ruby on Rails as well as other relevant technologies.
Advanced Technology Group Reporting to: Software Manager Grade: 7
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frontier Silicon requires a Senior Developer to join our Advanced Technology Group based in Cambridge. You will be part of a team defining and developing new and innovative web services, APIs, back-end databases and analytics. You will work closely with product managers, hardware engineers, embedded software engineers and application developers to help create the next generation of Smart Audio and Smart Home devices and apps for some of the world’s leading consumer electronics audio brands. You must have experience of developing with Ruby on Rails as well as other relevant technologies.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Web service software architecture and design.
- Hands-on server software development, test, debug, deployment and support.
- Software specification and documentation.
- Project planning and technical leadership.
Qualifications & Skills
- Good honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years experience of software systems architecture, design and development.
- Strong experience of developing with Ruby on Rails is a must.
- Proven track-record of developing and deploying Linux-hosted web services at scale.
- Passionate about creating beautiful REST + JSON APIs.
- Experience of MySQL database design issues and techniques (data models, queries, indexing, cacheing, mirroring, sharding etc.)
- Good understanding of web security threats and solutions.
- Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
- Tools such as Rake, Git, SVN, JIRA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A personal interest in audio and music is a distinct advantage.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- A creative thinker and problem-solver with a proactive can-do attitude.
- A quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies easily.
- Excellent communicator – able get to get across ideas and concepts quickly and simply to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A highly productive, results-driven and self-motivated individual.