Our client, based in Cambridge requires a Principal Modem DSP Engineer (LTE, OMAP, TETRA).
What are the responsibilities in this Principal DSP Modem Engineer?
- Working within the Technology Office to develop new communications technology and products
- Carrying out the necessary signal processing research and system simulations to investigate and demonstrate new technical solutions.
- Designing and implementing real-time signal processing software for radio product prototypes.
- Participating in technical reviews.
- Integration testing, investigating and resolving issues.
- Liaising with and supporting other departments in the transfer of know-how and technology from Technology Office projects into main development and production.
What are the required skills for this Principal DSP Modem Engineer?
Technical skills and experience (essential):
- Knowledge of Signal Processing and Modem Technology.
- Good knowledge of the C programming language in real-time systems, with related experience of s/w design, debugging of hardware/software interaction, implementation and test.
- Good knowledge of electronic hardware from baseband through to RF.
- Practical knowledge of debug tools and techniques in low level target software
- Experience in bringing up modem platforms (from specification to realisation)
- Thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle within a commercial, embedded software based product.
- Experience of using configuration management and fault tracking tools.
- Developing product quality real-time embedded software for DSP.
- Delivering software components to a schedule.
Technical skills and experience (desirable):
- Experience in developing with Texas Instruments OMAP devices.
- Familiarity with working with a hardware development team.
- Real-time operating systems.
- Tetra experience.
If this sounds like a position for you, please send over your CV to email@example.com and I will be in touch to discuss further. Many thanks.