The GSMA represents the interests of the worldwide mobile communications industry. Spanning 219 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA is focused on innovating, incubating and creating new opportunities for its membership, all with the end goal of driving the growth of the mobile communications industry.
The GSMA’s mission is to create value for operators and the mobile industry in the provision of services for the benefit of end users, so that those users can readily and affordably connect to and use the services they desire, anywhere, anytime.
- To support the evolution and broadest deployment of the GSM family of technologies thereby enabling economies of scale and global interoperability
- To stimulate and support the development, launch and promotion of new services and products
- To ensure that mobile services are made interoperable on both a national and international basis as rapidly as possible
- To provide services to operators and the mobile industry, such as conferencing, that promote and serve the goals of GSMA
- To support initiatives which stimulate social and economic development and help bridge the digital divide
- To develop environmentally sound and socially responsible policies for the mobile industry, its products and services
- To advocate appropriate government policies and regulations on a local, regional and global basis in order to ensure the continued development of the mobile industry to the benefit of everyone
- To communicate on behalf of the GSM operator community and ensure that its views are clearly communicated and understood.
020 7356 0601Address
7th Floor, 5 New Street Square, London, EC4Q 38FCountry